Why Study Mechanical Engineering ?
The mechanical engineer is involved with design, development, production, installation, maintenance and general research of machinery and mechanical equipment in almost every type of industry and technology. The mechanical engineer usually specializes in one of the many fields in engineering, such as transportation, mining, environment engineering industrial engineering or manufacturing
Learners will be able to identify, assess, formulate and solve problems while performing tasks related to maintaining machinery and equiment.
A Bright Future !
The purpose of the qualification National Diploma: Engineering: Mechanical is to develop the necessary knowledge, understanding, and skills required for the student’s further learning towards becoming a competent practicing Mechanical Engineering Technician. It is intended to subsequently empower candidate Engineering Technicians to demonstrate that they are capable of applying their acquired knowledge, understanding, skills, attitudes and values in the work environments in South Africa. It is designed also to add value to the qualifying student in terms of enrichment of the person, status and recognition.
- Admissions for this course will allow students to obtain credits to most University of Technologies by passing all N4, N5, N6 subjects with at least 50% in each subject.
- Engineering Science
- Engineering Drawing
- Mechanical Draughting
- Mechanical Drawing & Design
- Power MachinesPower Machines
- Strength of Materials & Structure
- Grade 12 Certificate
- NS Certificate or Equivqlent
- Completed registration Form
- Copies of your Metric or high school Diploma
- Certified Copies of your ID, or Passport
- Two ID sized passport photographs
- Registration Fee of R500(non-refundable)
- R50 for Compulsory Student id
- An initial Deposit As specified in the course
|N1-N3||R 500||R2 500||R900||R8 400||6 Months|
|N4||R 200||R900||R 2 900||3 Months|
|N5||R 200||R900||R 2 900||3 Months|
|N6||R 200||R900||R 2 900||3 Months
|Exam Fee R200/Sem|
- Mechanical Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Materials Scientist
- Process Controller/Technician